Saturday, February 22, 2014

July 16, 2012: Final Quarter of My First 40 Day Challenge (First Meditation Monday)

July 5.  Day 31  No real bleeding, some streaks in otherwise clear stuff.
As for meditation: tune-in, neck roll (7m), mfa (5m), kirtan kriya (31m), cam (4m), calm heart (6m), tune-out.  Total about: 55 minutes.


DAY 4 of CAM  I felt tingles in my arms and hands and some crawly numbness in my face.  Very neat feeling.  (Not as strong as the first time I did the special breathing (without the kriya) for this meditation.

July 6.  Day 32  Almost no sign of the end of the spontaneous abortion today.  This is good news.

As for meditation: tune-in, neck roll (5m), mfa (7m), kirtan kriya (31m), cam (6m), calm heart (8m), tune-out.  Total about: 59 minutes.

DAY 5 of CAM  I was thinking that I'd done a 5 minute conquering anger meditation yesterday, so why not increase it today.  I was in at around 5 minutes when I realized I did only 4 yesterday, at which point it became amazingly clear why my arms were shaking!  I figured, though, that since I was already past 5 minutes, I might as well go for an even 6.  I did.  The tingles and rush of warmth was substantial when I finally put my arms down.  Nice.  Didn't plan it, but NICE.  :)

July 7.  Day 33  I'm pretty sure the spontaneous abortion is completely complete.  My body is still weak.  Takes me too long to do things that I used to normally do... but healing takes time.  And I'm allowing myself to heal and trying to be kind to me.

As for meditation: tune-in, neck roll (5m), mfa (8m), kirtan kriya (31m), cam (6m), calm heart (5m), tune-out.  Total about: 57 minutes.

DAY 6 of CAM  I felt tingles primarily in my hands today.  My arms were shaking like crazy again by the time I was able to put them down.  This is an intense meditation!

Sunday, July 8.  Day 34   I believe my body is basically back to normal... sort of.  From what I've read, the hormones are still wonky for a bit after the end of what is obvious shedding of baby.... 
"and it came to pass..." and so this will, too.

As for meditation, I did a much shorter one today because of extreme fatigue and a horrible headache: tune-in, neck roll (2 m), mfa (3 m), kirtan kriya (7 m), cam (3 m), calm heart (5 m), tune-out.  Total about: 22 minutes.

DAY 7 of CAM  Nice tingles in my arms today after conquering anger meditation.  My right hand sort of "fell asleep" as soon as I was in the kriya.  So strange.

July 9.  Day 35   It's amazing how long (it feels like) it's taking to feel back to myself in strength and ability to do.  Such is the healing process, I know, but it is still rather frustrating.

As for meditation, another shorter one today.  I'm switching things around a little in a way that wouldn't matter to you.  So: tune-in, neck roll (5m), mfa (3m), kirtan kriya (7m), cam (3m), calm heart (5m), tune-out.  Total about: 25 minutes.

DAY 8 of CAM  Immediately upon beginning, the same "asleep" feeling came into my right hand.  Weird.  Then, as I continued, my left hand and arm "fell asleep".  Both feelings went away immediately upon release of the position.  Neat.  Felt the tingles again.  Nice.

July 10.  Day 36  Temple today.  I wasn't able to do an endowment as I planned... Heavenly Father had for me, an amazing healing experience scheduled.  The crazy awesome part of it is that Jessie was the one that was sort of pressing us to get to the temple today.  Then urging me to get going so we could leave when we did.  There's a saying that goes, "There are no coincidences in the temple."  I believe this whole-heartedly about LIFE!  But since the experiences in the temple are usually sort of shorter and more condenced, it's easier to see them.  :)  We've experienced MANY of these.  Like last month when we went, I thought I wasn't going to get to do an endowment because there was not one single male patron... at the last minute a couple arrived!  They agreed to attend the session another lady and I needed to do (because of time constraints).  It was just a lovely little miracle!  Then today... such a lovely miracle and gift!  Heavenly Father sure is GRAND!!!  ^_^

As for meditation, another shorter one today: tune-in, neck roll (5m), mfa (4m), kirtan kriya (7m), cam (3m), calm heart (5m), tune-out.  Total about: 26 minutes.

At the end I had this really neat feeling of surging energy between my hands, held at my heart-center.  As I sang the tune-out, the energy felt to vibrate there.  Then, as I finished with a long Sat and short Nam, the energy dissipated.  Very neat.

DAY 9 of CAM  Almost immediately both hands "fell asleep," yet not.  They tingled very nicely.  Still a very intense portion and the top of my arms ache when I'm finished.  Feel warm spread from arms down into hands when I return to relaxed receptive position.  And the flush runs from my shoulders through my body.  Very nice.

July 11.  Day 37    Quiet day at home to catch up.

As for meditation: t-i, nr (5m), mfa (3m), kk (7m), cam (4m), ch (5m), t-o.  Total about: 26 minutes.

I think I have neglected to mention that I do sometimes have quiet rest periods between some of the portions of my meditaiton. I don't do it every time and there is no set amount of time I might just sit. But i especially like to rest bewqeen neck roll and meditation for addiction AND conquering anger meditation and calm heart meditation. :)

DAY 10 of CAM  Felt the same tingles in my hands and face.  Abated as soon as my arms went down to receptive pose.

July 12.  Day 38    I feel this amazing sense of strangeness that my first 40 day journey is almost complete.  I have a new goal, in addition to the Conquering Anger Meditation 40 Day Challenge I've already begun.  I've decided to continue daily meditation for at least six months.  The accomplishment of this goal will be no small feat for this Homeschooling Mama of four amazing kiddos.  But I think working on it will improve my ability to be the Mama these kiddos need and the one I want to be for them.  I just need to manage some logistics and make a few changes, but I do hope to increase the full meditation back to around an hour, perhaps more.  And I may end up breaking it up into two meditations.  One early, one late... along with my prayer and scripture reading... my own personal Devotional.  ^_^

I'm going to post weekly updates (after this post) each Monday.  I'm calling it Meditation Monday!  ^_^  If you'd like to join me, definitely feel free!  Leave a comment with a direct Link to your Meditation Monday post!!  ^_^  We truly can become better people, and by so doing make the world a better place... one meditation at a time!  :)  heeheehee

As for meditation today: ti, nr (3m), mfa (3m), kk (7m), cam (3m), ch (3m), to. Total: 21minutes
DAY 11 of CAM  My hands did NOT fall asleep this time until they were in my lap.  Tingles so much it felt like the tingly stage of when limbs "fall asleep."  :)

July 13.  Day 39 A good day.  We had some friends over and much fun was had by all.  :)

As for meditation: ti, nr (3m), mfa (3m), kk (13m), cam (4m), ch (6m), to.

DAY 12 of CAM I felt a little numbness around my mouth and tingles in my cheeks.  Neat.
Saturday, July 14.  Day 40 Good day.  Relaxing and restful.  Realized Tea has a fever this evening.

As for meditation: ti, nr (5m), kk (17m), cam (4m), ch (8m), to.
DAY 13 of CAM  Felt good tingles in my hands and arms.

Sunday, July 15th Day 14 of CAM  Both Tea and Ria have fevers now.  Bummer.  But we did have a pretty long stretch (relative to our family) of good health. YEAY for all improvements!

As for meditation: ti, nr (3m), kk (31m), cam (4m), ch (3m), to

I felt an amazing fullness in my hands after conquering anger meditation today.  Really amazing feeling!  Very interesting.


t-i = tune-in
nr = neck roll
mfa = meditation for addiction
kk = kirtan kriya
cam conquering anger meditation
ch = calm heart meditation
t-o = tune-out

No comments:

Post a Comment